The piston seal is responsible for the mechanical function of a system. Due to the impermeability of a piston seal only a lifting or traction movement is possible on a hydraulic or pneumatic cylinder.
Regardless of whether single- or dual-action, the piston seal is the ‘workhorse’ of seals. Due to ever more exacting requirements in the hydraulics or pneumatics sector the diversity of profile geometries in this sector is the greatest.
Factors when selecting a piston seal
- Simple- or dual-action sealing system
- Spatial requirements in the construction sector
- Area of application of the system
- Maximum pressure load
- Exact specification of the metallic gap dimensions
- Maximum sliding velocity
- Open or closed installation area
- Min./max. temperature
- Exact specification of medium (important for selection of material)